- Banker's Hill ... one of the best burgers in the city
- Bertrand at Mister A's ... super fancy schmancy, but a great place for skyline views of downtown and the harbor
- Buona Forchetta ... delicious neighborhood artisan pizza
- Carnitas Snack Shack ... critically acclaimed lunchtime food
- Craft and Commerce ... same family as the el dorado, classier in appearance, also deliciously decadent burgers
- El Dorado ... serious cocktail bar with a dive'y feel, warning: gets extremely busy on weekend nights
- Izakaya Masa ... Japanese pub, ramen, rolls, katsu curry
- Rudford's Diner ... classic 50's diner
- Riviera Supper Club ... you grill your own meat!
- Soda & Swine - late night meatball creations. Enough said.
- Sycamore Den ... Fun and lighthearted craft cocktails
- Turf Supper Club ... great for that sort of casual divey feel, but with better tasting cocktails and beer list
Tiger! Tiger! ... you must try the brunch on sunday. also one of those all around great places. beer is great, food is great, and it has that perfectly relaxed and happy atmosphere we so cherish in this city
- Balboa Park ... a well-known tourist destination for sure, but locals still come in droves as well to enjoy this giant urban park. Museums, great historical architecture, full size golf course, hiking, etc. Or maybe just to meet up with friends and grab a popsicle from an ice cream cart near the Prado. What we like to think of as the heart of the city. Don't forget the north side of the park for beautiful recreational park areas, bocce ball, and the most scenic frisbee golf course around.
- Casbah - small divey music venue that has hosted many an up-and-coming artist.
- Digital Gym Cinema ... small independent multimedia and film center
- Petco Park ... if it's baseball season, don't miss an opportunity to go to a game! I hear tourists every game rave about how amazing the Padres home stadium is, and it's a great way to experience that relaxed san diego summer vibe. We may not have the most amazing team, but we sure do have one of the best venues.
- The Pearl Hotel - This hotel is on this part of the list because I think it would be a perfect place to stay if you plan on visiting San Diego. It's a great boutique hotel with excellent food and exceptional design. Plus, it's in Point Loma, a great beach neighborhood that will give you the experience of what it's like to live here.